DON’T WAIT TIL SPRING!
DON’T WAIT TIL SPRING WHEN THERE IS MORE COMPETITION … DO IT NOW
The fall can be a great time to sell your home. One of the biggest benefits is that inventory levels are typically lower. This means that the buyers in the market will have fewer choices and are more likely to select your home.
As Gloria says, be sure that your home is ready for market when you do list it.
The Spring market as we all know can be a very busy time in the world of real estate. That’s when there are usually an abundance of homes for buyers to choose from, making the choice difficult at times. But how often do we hear Seller’s say they want to wait until Spring!! There are some arguments to be made for not waiting,
1. It means that there is more competition for the Seller,
2. Pricing the home accurately is more important than ever.
3. Having several other listings in your neighbourhood which are competing with yours, may create a situation where it could take longer than usual to sell your home.
4. This is also when curb appeal, and first impressions are critical.
5. Remember, it only takes a Buyer 6 seconds to form an impression once they step over the threshold into your front door.
Sellers should consider placing their home on the market before the Spring rush as a good strategy when there are the least amount of homes on the market that could be in competition with theirs.
There are still an abundance of Buyers looking to purchase a home, making it a supply and demand situation. This supply and demand could also, in some situations, create a multiple offer situation for the Seller.
What you don’t want is a real estate agent using your home to sell the one down the street, the home that is priced more accurately, has more to offer and shows to perfection!